- Roof Height. The height of the roof can significantly increase the restoration costs due to safety reasons. In some cases, guard railing or anchor points are required so that work can be completed safely (as per WorkSafe requirements), which will increase the restoration price.
- Roof Pitch. The pitch or steepness of the roof can also add to the cost with regard to both materials and safety requirements. Generally, the steeper the pitch, the larger the roof area and the more risky the project.
- Roof Area. The actual size of the roof will most obviously increase the cost of a restoration – as the area of the roof increases, so too does the cost. The shape of the roof design may also add to the price.
- Overall Condition. The existing condition of the roof will determine how much preparatory work needs to be completed before applying any paint. Badly weathered tiles and ridge caps require more work to ensure that a quality finish is achieved.
- Gutters, valleys and flashing. The condition of gutters, valleys and flashing also needs to be considered, as these may also need replacing
Be wary of contractors that offer cheap deals or “special prices” for roof restorations.
Sadly, there are a lot of inexperienced and unqualified repairers offering roof restorations in Perth at discounted prices. Often the work that is done is of poor quality and simply does not last. Choosing a cheap contractor can sometimes end up costing the customer more, as they may need to pay another repairer to rectify substandard work.
When you choose a roof restoration contractor, make sure you select a repairer that is experienced, qualified and has an excellent reputation.
Be sure that you get a detailed quote that explains exactly what work will be done, the process of how the roof will be restored, the guarantee provided, and the products that will be used.
Consider your gut feeling – does the contractor seem trustworthy? Will they honour any warranty claims? Are they reputable and do they have any positive or negative Google reviews? Have you read the fine print and are they offering unrealistic terms or pro rata warranties?
When you make a buying decision, you want to know you are getting value for your money. Be sure to look for a company that will look after you as a customer and want your positive feedback more than anything else. Look for a company you can trust with professional tradesmen that will do the job to a professional standard.
If you live in the Perth area, and would like to know exactly how much it would cost for a professional, quality restoration of your roof, please contact us for a free quote.